Part of what makes Ashland so special is the abundance of locally owned small businesses, many that have been in the valley for decades. From small mom and pop restaurants to local book stores and coffee shops, we are blessed to live in a community that supports local entrepreneurs and the amazing products and services they sell. But, in the midst of this terrible Coronavirus small businesses are going to suffer… unless we do everything we can to support them!
Small businesses in Ashland are hurting right now. Here are ways you can help:
- Kind of a no brainer, but shop local! Whether it’s online, offline, on Instagram, etc. The big chains will be just fine, but a rough month can shut a small business’s doors for good.
- Buy gift cards for later (it’ll give your favorite coffee shop much-needed cash flow).
- Order delivery and touchless takeout. Call it in.
- Write Yelp and Google reviews.
- Tip extra if you are able to.
- Share hoarded sanitizer with local businesses.
- Check-in with small business owners/employees. Show them you care!
The Ashland Chamber of Commerce has been posting take out menus and specials on their Facebook page for many Ashland restaurants that have remained open.
Let’s ensure that our local business owners can keep their doors open and continue to serve us for many years to come. Stay well, Ashland!
With over 100 years of combined experience, KDA Homes is committed to being pioneers in smarter home design leading the way for sustainability in residential development and green building. The company approaches every project with the end goal in mind – building a home for a new community to grow. KDA is a proud member of the Ashland community.